Friday, February 24, 2012

It's Good To Be 29

Sometimes you just go through your life and don't think about the little things or how good you have it.  You get caught up in what you don't have or the drama that is happening in your life or the work that you have.  Well, today while i was walking to the BART station and sun was shining on my face, partially blinding me because I don't have my sunglasses, because I left them at Mark & Andrew's new place in Oakland, but that's a different story... where was I?  Yes, so the sun was shining on my face, and I just felt this warmth and content knowing that I've had a pretty awesome life thus far.  I tend to reflect when my birthday approaches.  I have made the last 2 years of my life in San Francisco the most fun I've had.  I have friends constantly surrounding me, I live alone so when I just need my space, I have it.  I have the opportunity to enjoy some of the best food in the US.  The weather is pretty amazing, most of the time and I'm not too far from my family.   I also have a job.  Thank goodness.  Other than the fact that I don't have a boyfriend, I think I'm pretty set and that doesn't even really bother me at all as long as I have random fun with boys ;) 

Soooo.... I turn 29 in about 12 hours.  It's the last year I'm in my 20's and the 30's will begin.  Can you imagine?  When did I get to this age?  I swear, I'm still 21 and excited that I can get into bars and clubs.  I still remember coming out to the Castro and thinking how awesome it is to go to Badlands.  Sadly, those days have passed and I am never excited about that place.  It just so happens I'm there because that's where everyone goes for happy hour on Fridays.  But tonight begins my celebration.  I'm not telling anyone that I'm celebrating but I am internally.  I really can't wait until tomorrow for Bootie at DNA Lounge.  I haven't been back there since 2008 or something like that.  It's going to be so much fun and I love love love mash ups.  I'm also curious about who's going to show up to celebrate with me.  I have certain people that I really want there, of course I would never let them know, but I'm crossing my fingers. Wish me luck this weekend, I'm hoping for no hangover and a quick recovery.

Moral of this Entry:  You should be jealous of my life. =P

1 comment:

Justin Scott said...

Wish I could be there to celebrate with you! Luckily you will always look like you're in your twenties, at least until you're in your 40s. :D