Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'm Back... I'm Yours!

It's been so long since my last entry that i could probably write a book for this entry. Most of my online writing has gone towards Yelp reviews (http://atfgong.yelp.com). I guess I should reprioritize where i spend my time writing. I actually don't like writing, i'm one of those typical Asians with fantastic math skills. Enough stereotyping.

It has been a pretty busy 2 months since being unemployed. Every week i have some party or gathering to go to. I'm actually pretty tired most of the time. I find it interesting that some people think that because i don't have work that i'm automatically a bum. i still feel like there just aren't enough hours in a day. I workout, search for jobs, clean things in the house, run errands, make meals, plan my social events and take care of my finances. It's a full time job. I actually would hate to be a housewife. I would probably go insane.

I've recently been concerned about friendships. It's definitely been a journey for me to get to where i am now. Along the way, i've either taken people with me or i've left them behind. Sometimes i go back and pick a few people back up because I know i don't want to lose their friendship. Picking people up can be problematic at times because they have to adapt to the person i am now. I can never be sure how they react or how they feel but i can only guess. Right now, I'm guessing one of those people i've returned for isn't too comfortable with going on this journey with me. It's the first time that i've come across this and it's totally bugging me. I feel like i've given ample time for things to set in but maybe more time is needed or maybe i'm being rejected. Sadly, rejecting who i am isn't going to end up well for a friendship. I'm just hoping things turn around and I get a more positive response from this friend.

I'm hoping that my next entry won't be almost 2 months later. I'll do my best to keep this updated... I SWEAR

Im Yours - Jason Mraz

1 comment:

Will said...

A friend should accept you for who you are, not who you were or who they think you should be. If they can't, that's their loss. (the sad thing is, it's your loss, too)