I got a new camera 2 weeks ago and i had the opportunity to showcase it at my cousin's wedding in LA. I drove down to LA last Saturday and drove right back up here on Sunday. Please do not do this unless you like to torture yourself. Anyhoo, I had my camera all ready, taking pictures here and there and then before i even take a picture at the actual wedding, I'm told by my camera that my memory is full. If i had paid attention i would have known that my memory card is a 32MB card and it takes like 15 pictures. Awww crap. I didn't know what to do so i deleted pictures that i didn't need and then i just gave up. 32MB of memory is just not enough. I just bought a 4gb memory card, so i am good to go. Give me another event and i will take 2000 pictures without needing to change my memory card.
The night before, I went to see Margaret Cho with Kristina. We had the best time. We talked about work, we talked about life, we talked about drinking, we reminisced about the other happy hours we had. We just had a good old time. Drinking 3 margaritas helped a lot. The show was awesome! I have to say that this show was one of her better ones. Being the super duper fan i am, I would know. I'm just jealous that i didn't buy a t-shirt when i had the chance, but then again i just wanted to drink and watch the show. Robert P. has a betch shirt and i know Kristina would KILL for that shirt.
Last night i had a grand ol' time. To tell you the truth i was a little bit hesitant about that night. I was excited for the surprise b-day party but i wasn't so stoked about going out to the Castro. Not sure why. I want to blame Joshua cuz he planted the seed with his I hate the Castro campaign but that wasn't why. First of all i was late. I should have been in SF by 6:45. I was there at 7:15. When I arrive at 16th & Mission everyone around there was either drunk or high and I had to stand out there for a while. I wasn't too thrilled about how cold it was but i dealt with it by pacing back and forth like a crazy man, but that just made me fit in.
I have dinner with Gwynnie and Tram at Firewood, which i thought was pretty great. I also noticed that pornstar Jason Branch was there too. I just think its weird to see porn stars in real life. Don't ask me how i know my porn stars, I just do ;). We then headed over to the Edge for the surprise portion of the night. Ugghhh... the Edge is just full of burly men and unless you want a daddy or bear you shouldn't even step foot into there. After a few drinks and some pictures with some weird strangers, we went to Midnight Sun. It's just a small bar with tv screens on the walls, showing comedy clips and music videos. It's not bad there but gets a little crowded after a while. Speaking of crowded, the last place we end up going to is Badlands. Finally, somewhere i'm familiar with (Vanessa: this is the place we went to with Sammy the one time we came out here together). I broke a sweat walking into that club. 3 dollars cover isn't bad at all and we all had a shot of Jaegger before getting out freak on. Let me just say that I gave Gregory a bday gift that he was quite satisfied with. In the end it was just too hot and Gregory had reached his limit. We went for some pizza then part ways.
I noticed that i've been drinking a lot lately and it just doesn't seem to affect me at all. I'm like immune to the effects of alcohol, but that doesn't mean please take me out and get me sloshed cuz i know i can still get sloshed. 6 drinks is like an appetizer for me. I have no problems taking down a few shots after that as well. It kinda sux that i have to spend more money just to get close to drunk. I wish i were a cheap date.
Other than that it's been mostly work and few happy hours. I feel exhausted but having fun being exhausted. In a few weeks, i think i have a free weekend where i won't have to do anything but lay in bed and sleep. I can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment