Saturday, March 8, 2008

Pop Inn and Sia

After a few days of playing with this fun new toy called Blogger, I've learned everything i need to know for future posts. I'm a simple guy and don't need much to make me happy. I've decided to leave the background and the layout simple for now. It's part of the Gongism way.

So I'm 25. It's a weird and scary thought to hear you're a quarter century old. Why not just tell me i'm 2 decades and a half old or a fortieth of a millennium old? I think just telling me I'm 25 will be good enough. I don't need the other details. Just a simple number will do.

I've definitely been keeping myself busy these last few weeks. Happy hours, baby showers, weddings, and casual get togethers are running my life. I work and have cut down on my gym time as well. I think my consumption of alcohol and gym time are inversely related, so you can imagine what i have to say about drinking. Oddly, enough when i do have time to just stay home and relax (something i need dearly), I feel like i'm not social and I wish i had more events or things to do. It's crazy!

This week I finally went to Pop Inn to alleviate myself from Joshua's constant invitations. I asked Kristin to come with me and she came with a smile despite thinking i was going to "meet" someone. I kindly told her that if I were going to "meet" someone, I wouldn't bring her sorry ass with me. We laughed and had a girl scout cookie to celebrate my meanness. Anyhoo, we arrived and its like a little dive bar that is literally all bar, 1 pool table, 2 bathrooms and a karoke machine. The bartender was an older woman with maybe 2 missing teeth and thought she was awesome because she danced behind the bar thinking she was super sexy. Ummmm...all i thought was "awww... poor white trash" I know that was mean but thats what i thought. Needless to say, I didn't sing. In fact, I would have asked for a pole or a lap before i asked for the microphone. They also didn't have Sia or Danity Kane on their list. That was the true determining factor. Instead, I just sat at the bar, drank, and listened to them belt out tunes. It was quite entertaining until the smell of wet towel, ass, and vomit had engulfed our nostrils. That's when we said Goodnight and went back to my truck for another girl scout cookie and drove home. I still had fun listening to some fellow yelpers sing and the miracle of an old man in a wheel chair miraculously stand up to get a better look at this girl's cleavage. It was a dirty miracle but a miracle all the same. I would totally put this on yelp but i think it would hurt the bartender's feelings.

I also bought a camera! It's my new awesome toy and now there will be a lot more pictures on my blog. Hmmmm... maybe i'll take more pictures of my bare ass becasuse i know how much everyone loves that!! Don't worry i'll make them tasteful! Anyhoo... Christina is getting married next week and my camera will also be there to join in on the fun! Stay tuned for those pix. In the meantime, I'm going to leave you with a few songs by Sia, whom I'm obsessed with. I don't know why but I think Vanessa would love this album.




Cheers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I do like Sia. Thanks for the recommendation!