Friday, October 5, 2012

You Know What Grind(r)s My Gears...


It's interesting to be a gay male during this time. Getting booty call has never been so easy with phone apps like Grindr, Scruff, Jacked, Boy Ahoy, etc. I'm not going to lie, I use many of these (or all) of these apps. My hook up rate is super low but these apps have proven to be useful if you're looking for a quick fix of sex or short term intimacy. So after all these years of using these apps I've found that there are things that really irritate me when it comes to what other users do. I was stupid enough to fall for a few of people's tricks but I guess that's how I learn.

1. Fake pictures. I love when people post fake pix of themselves. Honestly, do u think people won't find out? People who aren't confident enough in themselves to put up a real picture or even nothing at all are not worthy of my time. It's like lying, wait scratch that, it IS lying and I have no problem just walking away if I find that you and your picture do not match.

2. Fake weight. I don't even understand why anyone would even lie about their weight.  If you're embarrassed by it, then just don't put up your weight.  It's just that if you're 6'0" and 110lbs, then I just don't see how you can be possible.  That's like way underweight and actually concerning.  I don't really look at one's weight very often but every once in a while I see stats that just baffle me.

3. People who say they aren't looking for hook ups and when u meet them tries to hook up with you.  Sometimes knowing that someone isn't looking for a hook up on these things is refreshing.  I rarely look for a hookup, hence the low hook up rate.  So when I do talk to someone who claims they aren't looking for a hookup, I'm much more prone to say yes to a date, assuming I'm attracted physically to that person.  Things will be going fine, and then BAM... he makes the move, I'm caught off guard, and now I'm moving much more quickly than I'm comfortable with or I'm pushing someone off me, which hurts his feelings.  Either way it's awkward and I'm now kinda regretting it.

4. My profile says I wont respond if u don't have a face pic so why do u persistently try to message me without one.  I don't have much to say other than, do you not read my profile?  And if you do, are you testing me?  

5. First message is picture of genitals.  Seriously, just because your penis is overly large, doesn't mean that I will jump on that.  Big penises scare me.  That and I care more about who it's attached to rather than the actual member itself.  

And that's what Grind(r)s my gears.  Peter Griffin would be proud.  =)

No comments: