Monday, August 27, 2012

Yes, I Did Just Compare Myself to Carrie Bradshaw, Sorta

For a majority of my life, I've felt as if writing was my nemesis.  English has always been a difficult subject for me and the thought of writing assignments puts an overwhelming sense of dread in me.  To be honest, I actually don't think I'm a bad writer, I just don't feel like my vocabulary is deep enough or my sentence structure is clever enough.  The fact is that I just don't enjoy writing that much.  What I do like to do is share my thoughts and in order for it to reach a wider audience, I have to do some writing.  Well, I could totally do a video blog but I don't like how it's almost like a performance, albeit, an improvisational performance, but a performance nonetheless.  In this situation writing is preferable.  

Sometimes I wish I could be like Carrie Bradshaw, where I'd write a column, have great style and fashion, and have a closet of shoes.  Except my column would be about food rather than sex and relationships.  In fact, I would love to just eat for a living.  Is that too much to ask?  Wait, let me rephrase that.  I would love to eat for a living if it didn't affect how I looked.  Gluttony might be one of my main vices but I care about how I look just a tad bit more.  I'm gay and single, so that should be a given =P.

So why don't I just start a food blog?  Well, I have a few reasons for that:
  1. Not enough people would read it.
  2. The confidence I have in my writing is low
  3. My vocabulary isn't strong enough to describe food the way it should be described.
  4. I'm lazy.  I barely write in this blog as it is. 
I feel like 4 reasons are a lot of reasons.  Maybe I'll do a test run one day but for now, I'll just strut around town like Carrie Bradshaw but without a column or a closet full of shoes or ridiculous clothes that magically look amazing on me.  




No comments: