Friday, June 19, 2009

Donating is Fun!

When I did the AIDS marathon 3 years ago, I never thought that i would really make a difference. I honestly thought, wow this seems fun and i'm raising money for a good cause. After a few years of meeting new people and making more friends, I realized that maybe what I did was a little more important than I had intended. Every year since then, despite being tight on money, I've donated money to AIDS programs.

This year i've decided to change my direction to breast cancer, being that it was the original cancer that my aunt had, which eventually led to her passing away.  However, this doesn't mean i can't help the AIDS cause.  Also, i heard funding for AIDS research was cut recently which means, we gotta lot of work to do.

The point of this blog entry is to support my friend, Tristan Choi, in his endeavors to do the AIDS Walk, this year on July 19th.  His fundraising goal is $2000.  Hopefully, we'll be able to get him that amount and more.  Here is his link below:  


Please donate!  Anything helps!  You guys are great!

No comments: