Sunday, April 12, 2015

My Process

These blog entries are a way for me express my feelings or just to share some of the events in my life.   I realized that writing one of these takes quite a bit of effort on my part, even if I don't realize it.  This is probably why my posts are written so far and few in between.  Since I'm all about lists, below are a few things that go into writing a blog for me:

  1. I need to think about a title.  I like my titles to basically sum up the whole blog entry.  Whether it be the moral of the blog or just the overall topic.  The title is somewhat important and it takes me quite a bit of time to come up with one. 
  2. I usually have an internal outline of what I'm going to write and where I'm going with the entry.  It's weird that I do this because when I used to write papers for class, I would never outline anything.  I just let my thoughts guide me through the paper.  This is probably why I never really did well in english class.
  3. I try to be clever or witty.  Try is the keyword.  
  4. How am I going to end this entry?  How do I wrap it all up and end it without dropping off abruptly?  
  5. Is it interesting or am i just writing something that no one will read or care about?  I fear this the most.  I second guess myself and if I convince myself that no one will read this, I have to think about #1- #4 all over again.  
So basically, I sit around thinking about how to create this blog entry as well as what I am going to write.  This process takes so long that by the time I get to the point where I can begin writing, I'm already over it and not in the mood to write anymore.  If you could only see how many blog posts I've started but never actually finished, you'd understand a little more why getting these things published is so hard for me.  Here is just a little insight on how I develop or try to develop these posts, whether it be successful or not.

No comments: