Wednesday, May 25, 2011

2011 Update

It's sad that I use this blog really to post my tweet up events or to post some other type of event rather than to use it to express my thoughts or share my experiences. I used to have amazing posts (subject to opinion) on xanga, but alas, once i moved to blogger, I no longer had time to write. Well, I've decided to just do a 2011 update as to what the hell happened thus far. Sadly, I may have forgotten a lot due to alcohol induced memory loss.

December 31st/January 1st: New Years 2011

Basically, the night began as quickly as it ended. I made burgers and rosemary garlic roasted potatoes for my guests and we drank a shit load of champagne before Greydon, Desiree, Calvin, Mary Ann, and I headed out to downtown SF for a night of hot dancing, colorful top hats, and more alcohol. The funny part was that this was where I had my high school senior ball in 2001. Crazy right? The ended quickly and we all headed home drunk as can be. Although, Mary Ann took it to another level, stumbling everywhere and claiming she lost her camera even though it was around her arm the whole time. LOL! (pictures on Facebook)

February 5th: Chinese New Year Dinner

Goong Hei Fat Choy... It's always alarming when I go to a huge family gathering. There are like 5 billion people and everyone is 10 decibels louder than they should be. Reuniting with my cousins is always nice and its always interesting to see how has changed if at all.

February 25th: My 25th Brithday

Fine!!! I turned 28. I'm just one step closer to 30 and I don't need anyone to remind me. My birthday began with a dinner in Berkeley. This involve persecco, wine, and an amazing pesto pasta. Best pesto I've had EVER! Afterwards, I had a crazy graffiti looking birthday cake that led me to believe that my friends thought I was ghetto. Thinking this was the end of my night and it would continue in the Castro, they decided that the White Horse would be an appropriate place to take me and get me SLOSHED! 3 shots of vodka, 2 margaritas, 1 vodka sodas, and 2 blueberry vodka and soda's later, I was skipping home from Bart and passed out in my own bed. I remember very little near the end of the night but at least it was documented (pictures on Facebook)

March...

March was a blur... nothing huge happened nor did anything bad happen. I'll just list a few things that happened and then we can move on.

  • Kathy's birthday WEEK - we celebrated for like 5 days. Can she be more selfish?
  • 1st Women of Taste Steering Committee meeting - its my other job.
  • Took the Series 66 Exam and failed by 2 questions. I was scarred for a while
  • @B2Fine4u and his papi visited SF - they're both really nice
  • Britney Spears GMA concert - 5 hours in line for 3 songs. I had fun in line with my friends though
And that ended March...

April 25th - Series 66 Exam II

I passed!! And by 2 questions only. Whatevs though... what's done is done. I never have to take it again! YAY!

April 28th - May 2nd: Jamie's Bachelorette Party (summarized)

Of course my cousin, Jamie, is a diva and wanted her bachelorette party in NYC. And so began an epic trip. We all took a red eye over to NYC and arrived on a Friday morning. With no sleep and Jinnie losing her baggage, I thought this was going to be a difficult and long trip. The rest of this day consisted of site seeing and walking miles. The Met is ridiculous. It's kinda like the Louvre but not. My feet still hurt from that day. After that, we had dinner at Perilla (Top Chef winner, Harold's restaurant) and drank our way through the rest of the night.

The highlight of the next day was pole dancing. Our theme was 80's and our instructor did NOT disappoint with awesome 80's music and crazy ass moves. I will say that a few of us had bruises on our inner thighs and I totally give props to pole dancers because that shit HURTS!! After that, we got a chance to eat and for AS to finally settle in. Sadly, I was far away from the hotel, and I was starting to get those cramps that hurt so bad you get the shit sweats and have to double over from the pain. It was so bad that when I got back to the hotel, I had unbuttoned my pants in the elevator and ran into the room with my pants almost around my ankles. It was a sad site to behold.

After evacuating my system, I went to boxers to meet up with all my Twitter homies. It was a reunion of sorts with Scott and Jeff. I briefly met Scott's new man, Vinny. All in all it was brief and i got myself drunk real quick. I met back up with the girls for dinner at Alta, where you can purchase their whole menu for $420. Guess what? That's what we did and we totally regretted it. There was sooooo much food that it was overwhelming. I was completely bloated. Mind you, we were still going to go clubbing and its not cute to look and feel bloated. I feel like the rest of the night shouldn't be mentioned, but there were some epic pictures (all of which are on Facebook), lap dances, fights, groping, drunk dialing and excessive drinking.

Sunday was let's have brunch and then go back and take a nap, which no one objected to. Unfortunately, the nap was only about an hour long because Jamie, Michele, Kat, and I were delirious and laughing at everything and anything for about an hour. We all headed to see Chicago that evening starring Christie Brinkley. I know right?? I didn't even know she could sing. Throughout the show, I was super nervous for her because it sounded like her voice could go out at any time, but she made it through and it was a great show.

I'm not going to pretend I'm young and say I was up for whatever, because at this point I was deathly tired, but Jamie, Kat, Mike and I pushed on to Barracuda for more drinks with Alden and Max. Thus far, I've seen very few, if any good looking men but once I stepped foot into Barracuda, it was like I was surrounded by them. The bartender was HOT and he had a heavy hand. And then there were the weird creepy people like old dancing guy that humps chairs and albino chubby guy that wanted us to take a picture of him. I also love how everyone throws me under the bus and diverts all the creepy guys to me to save their own ass or to make fun. I shudder at the thought of the albino guy I took a picture with. We ended up at our hotel room drunk as a skunk and continued drinking a bottle of kettle one before we passed out watching the whole Bin Laden death thing on the news.

Monday morning was when the girls returned home to CA and I stayed for a night of Kylie Minogue. Let me just say that Kylie is AMAZING. Her concert was fun, entertaining and just fabulous. It was the gayest concert I've ever been to and by gayest, I don't mean the audience. I meant the show it self. It was glitterific, with pretty lights, hot dancers, and a golden horse. I mean I could not be gayer. I was farting rainbows afterwards but I loved every moment except when this guy spilled his drink all over everyone. The concert was definitely one of the highlights of the trip. That and meeting Mr. Art Rojas. He was everything I thought he'd be and more. To be honest, I was a little skeptical if he'd be the same because I've met many people who are one way online and another way in person. Anyway, he's fun and outgoing and totally crazy.

Tuesday I returned to CA and died a little inside. I was exhausted but it was well worth it. One of the best trips I've had in a while. WOOT!

May 21st - Jamie & Chris's Wedding

Destination: Truckee, CA. My cousin, Jamie, became a Mrs. last weekend. A wedding on the beach and a beautiful reception in tent at the Lodge was how I spent my last weekend of the Rapture. I have to say that I was a softy this weekend and cried multiple times but I was so happy for her and Chris. It's been 10 years for them and a lot has happened to lead up to this point. It's funny because Jamie and I are about the same age, we enjoy the same things and we are almost like real siblings. I just couldn't be happier for her.

And that ends my novel. This was only a summary because so much more happened in the last 6 months but I tried to water it down so as to not bore everyone. Good luck reading this.

No comments: