Yesterday was an epic day. Yesterday was a historical day. Yesterday was the day Britney Spears performed in San Francisco. My day began 5 hours before Britney got onto the stage. By 7:20am, I was standing in line on Polk between Hayes and Grove with a tall red eye and the company of my friends Carlos and Eric. Through rain and wind, plus the addition of a few more friends, I made it into the Bill Graham Auditorium, only to find that I couldn't see a damn thing where I was standing. And I'm a tall ass Asian (not Yao Ming status, but taller than the average Asian). This prompted me to move up into the balcony where I was able to see everything and avoid the cameras and crowds.
And this begins my critical analysis of Britney. Although this was a taping of Good Morning America, it was still very much like a concert. She ended up performing 3 songs, all of which were super catchy and fun. Britney came out looking great. I think the camera seriously adds 10lbs, because she did not look horrifically fat. I will say that she was still thick in a few places but all in all, she's on the right track.
Her dancing was half assed. If you're going to lip sync, you better put a little more effort into your moves. It was as if she was just going through the motions and there were a few times when it looked like she missed a few steps, but she was always able to get right back into it. I hope that when she goes on tour, she will go back to her sharp, hard hitting dancing again. I believe she can.
Anyway, the performance was pretty polished and exciting with great dancers and an interesting set. It was also fun to see how GMA works and how it films these concerts. I wouldn't have traded this experience for anything else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment